2013 Breakers Team Tryouts for Boys and Girls
- Breakers U7-U14 Team Tryouts for Boys and Girls will take place in early December.
- US Soccer Development Academy U14 identification process for boys born in 1999 and 2000 starting immediately.
- 2013 Breakers U15-U18 Team Tryouts for Boys and Girls will start in March 2013!
The tryouts are open to all boy and girl players currently playing on recreational or competitive teams at the U8 through U18 level. All players are invited to come and learn about the club, meet the coaches and tryout without any commitments, all at no cost.
The Breakers Club is for:
- enthusiastic players who want to develop themselves and take their skills to the next level.
- players who want the best coaching and the best competition in a highly structured, forward-thinking club environment.
The club offers a pathway for such players to continue developing from their earliest soccer experiences to the university level and beyond – all under the guidance of nationally-licensed, professional coaches.
The Breakers Club has a proven track record of placing players in colleges and universities in the United States. Breakers players have attended and played soccer for UCSB, UCLA, Stanford University, Santa Clara University, San Jose State, Cal State Monterey Bay, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, University of San Francisco, Long Island University, San Diego State and University of Vermont, just to name a few. Also, the Breakers club has developed players who have signed professional contracts to play in Mexico (Atlante, Tigres) and England (Sunderland AFC).
U9 – U14 tryouts will take place in early December and January. If you are interested in a team in this age group, contact the coach of the team for further information.
The Santa Cruz Breakers offers the following:
- One of the top year-round training programs in the nation
- Additional soccer training at the Breakers Junior Academy
- Weekly goalkeeper training with the Goalkeeper Director
- Participation in quality tournaments and exposure to college coaches
- One of the best coaching staffs in the Northern California made up of coaches with US Soccer Federation National Coaching Licenses
- US Soccer National Curriculum
- High quality soccer fields and equipment for training and games.
TRYOUTS DATES AND TIMES INFORMATION
- Cabrillo Stadium and/or Track Field
- Same time and place on both dates
- Tryouts will be held rain or shine.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to tryout times for registration.
- Age groups listed are the age groups for the current Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 season.
|Team||Age (player born between)||Tryout Dates||Tryout Time|
|U7 Boys (05B white & blue)||8/1/05 -7/31/06||February 6 & 13||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U8 Boys (04B white & blue)||8/1/04 -7/31/05||February 6 & 13||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U9 Boys (03B white & blue)||8/1/03 -7/31/04||December 4 & 6||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U10 Boys (02B white & blue)||8/1/02 -7/31/03||December 4 & 6||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U11 Boys (01B white & blue)||8/1/01 -7/31/02||December 4 & 6||5:30pm to 7:00pm|
|U12 Boys (00B)||8/1/00 -7/31/01||December 11,13,18 & 20||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U13 Boys (99B)||8/1/99 -7/31/00||December 11,13,18 & 20||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U14 Academy||Born in 1999 & 00||December 11,13,18 & 20||5:30pm to 7:00pm|
|U14 Boys (98B white & blue)||8/1/98 -7/31/99||December 11,13,18 & 20||5:30pm to 7:00pm|
|U16 Norcal||8/1/97 -7/31/98||Saturday March 2 & 9||9:00am to 10:30am|
|U18 Norcal||8/1/95 -7/31/97||Saturday March 2 & 9||1:30pm to 3:00pm|
|U16 Academy||Born in 1997 & 98||July 2013||TBA|
|U18 Academy||Born in 1995 & 96||July 2013||TBA|
|U7 Girls (05G white & blue)||8/1/05 -7/31/06||February 6 & 13||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U8 Girls (04G white & blue)||8/1/04 -7/31/05||February 6 & 13||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U9 Girls (03G white & blue)||8/1/03 -7/31/04||December 4 & 6||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U10 Girls (02G white & blue)||8/1/02 -7/31/03||December 4 & 6||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U11 Girls (01G white & blue)||8/1/01 -7/31/02||December 4 & 6||5:30pm to 7:00pm|
|U12 Girls (00G)||8/1/00 -7/31/01||January 8 & 10||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U13Girls (99G)||8/1/99 -7/31/00||January 8 & 10||4:00pm to 5:30pm|
|U14 Girls (98G)||8/1/98 -7/31/99||January 8 & 10||5:30pm to 7:00pm|
|U15 Girls (97G)||8/1/97 -7/31/98||Saturday March 2 & 9||10:30am to 12:00 Noon|
|U16 Girls (96G)||8/1/96 -7/31/97||Saturday March 2 & 9||10:30am to 12:00 Noon|
|U17 Girls (95G)||8/1/95 -7/31/96||Saturday March 2 & 9||12:00pm to 1:30pm|
|U18 Girls (94G)||8/1/94 -7/31/95||Saturday March 2 & 9||12:00pm to 1:30pm|
* The Santa Cruz Breakers has been supportive of high school soccer for many years. Many Breakers coaches have been and are currently coaching in high schools around the county. While Breakers tryouts are scheduled towards the end of the high school season, participation in tryouts does not conflict or jeopardize a player’s high school eligibility. During the high school season, the only day that a high school player is allowed to train with a team outside their HS team is on Sunday. Breakers tryouts will have small sided games up to 5v5 with no referees to stay in line with the CIF rules. Players that are done with their high school season before the tryouts need not worry about the information mentioned above. If a player is still in season (playoffs), they can technically participate in a club tryouts within the parameters mentioned above. For more information about high school eligibility rules, please visit the following website: www.cifstate.org
** If players want to be considered for US Soccer Development Academy Teams (boys only) they should attend the traditional Breakers team tryouts for their appropriate age group. The academy coaches will be in attendance and able to scout them at these tryouts. A player can also contact the academy coaching staff and asked to be evaluated during an academy training session. The USSDA program categorizes players into age groups in a different way than traditional CYSA teams by using a January 1st cut off date instead of an August 1st date. Next year the U18 Academy Team will be comprised of players born in 1995 and 1996 and the U16 Team will have players born in 1997 and 1998 and the U14 team will have players born in 1999 and 2000.
Interpretation of CIF Bylaw Rules 511 and 600
Disclaimer: The following interpretation is just that, an interpretation. You are responsible for reading the applicable CIF bylaws in their entirety in order to determine how they apply to your team. “Outside” Soccer teams must complete their season prior to the first interscholastic contest (see rule 511).
An interscholastic contest is a game or scrimmage. The Central Coast Section of CIF determines when the first interscholastic contest will be. Please check with your High School’s Athletic Director. Eligible high school soccer players may participate with an “Outside” soccer team for purposes of participating in winter indoor soccer or futsal during the winter high school CIF soccer season. (See Rules 511 and 600A).
Eligible high school soccer players may participate with an “Outside” Soccer Team, who is participating in a soccer tournament, as long as the tournament does not exceed 5 v 5. 6 v 6 or more would violate Rule 600A during the winter High School CIF soccer season.